SHARJAH, 1st May, 2023 (WAM) – H.H. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi (Supreme Council Member and Ruler) of Sharjah issued the Decision No. The Board of Trustees of the Academy was formed by Decision No. 1 of 2023.
The decision states that the Board of Trustees of Sharjah Maritime Academy, under the leadership of His Highness Sharjah Ruler and with the following members:
1. Sheikh Khalid bin Abdullah Al Qasimi, Member and Chairman of Sharjah Ports, Customs and Free Zones Authority.
2. Eng. Salah Butti Obaid Al Muhairi is the Chairman of Initiatives Implementation Authority.
3. Eng. Ali Saeed bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi is a member of the Sharjah Executive Council, and the Chairman of the Sharjah Department of Public Works.
4. Dr. Mansour Mohammed bin Nassar is a member of the Sharjah Executive Council and the Legal Department of Government of Sharjah. He is also a legal adviser.
5. Dr. Hashem Abdullah bin Sarhan Al Zaabi, Director of Sharjah Maritime Academy.
6. Dr. Saif Ahmed Abdullah al Naqbi is the commander of the Marine Sciences Wing, Rashid Bin Saeed Naval College.
7. Abdullah Hamad Bin Nasser Al Owais is Executive Vice President at Sharjah Islamic Bank and the Head of Bank Deposits.
8. Salem Mohammed Al Kindi is a member of the Kalba Municipal Council.
9. Aisha Mohammed Bin Bukhatir Al-Shamsi is the Director of Admissions at the University of Sharjah.
10. Prof. Ahmed Al Shamaa is the Chancellor of University of Khorfakkan.
11. Prof. Jens Uwe Schroder Hinrichs, Vice-President of the World Maritime University of the International Maritime Organization in Sweden.
12. Prof. Syamantak Bhatia, Vice-Chancellor of Academic Affairs at Solent University in the United Kingdom.
The board’s term will be three years starting on the date this decision was issued, renewable for similar periods. After the term expires, the board will continue its work until a new one is formed. Those whose term has expired can be reappointed.